Toxins in & around your home
Did you know that just ONE Tylenol can be fatal to your pet?
Please make yourself familiar with the foods, plants and common household substances that are toxic to dogs and cats… Make sure to teach children and other family members too! Many of the grape and raisin toxicities treated by vets are the result of children “sharing” their snacks with the family dog and many lily intoxications in cats result from a surprise bouquet of flowers left on the table. These examples are just a few of many that can easily be avoided if everyone has the proper information!
Spend some time visiting the following links to discover what’s safe vs. deadly to your pet!
- Cornell University - Poisonous Plants
- Pet Poison Helpline
- If you suspect that your pet has come into contact with a toxin, contact your veterinarian IMMEDIATELY! Do not wait! Many toxin exposures can be survived if immediate intervention takes place. With many toxicities, the longer you wait, the less chance your pet has of making a full recovery.